14-17 September, 2011
Observe the communicational behaviors of players when engaged in creating a collaborative sound piece.
- Four players sit around a midi device with buttons that trigger different sounds.
- Each player will be in charge of operating one quart of the interface ( a 4×4 matrix ) .
- The goal is to collectively create a rhythm where each participant plays only one sound, basically is dividing the role of a drummer within four participants.
Participants can play one sound at a time and they can only do it after the previous player’s turn
- How do players build a strategy to tackle a common goal?
- What stages in the developing communication can be identified?
- What kind of communications can be observed (i.e. physical, verbal, through the interface)?
- How is the learning process when operating the interface?